Browse Rex Art’s extensive selection of oil painting gifts for you or your favorite gifted artist. Refill dwindling art supplies, experiment with a new medium or surprise a creative loved one with oil painting gift sets and starter kits. Each kit is filled with premium quality supplies ideal for creating a masterpiece with oils. When you buy your oil painting gift sets and oil painting starter kits from Rex Art, you’ll receive anywhere from 20% to 80% off the retail price without sacrificing quality. The knowledgeable artists at Rex Art have spent over 50 years in the art supply business, and have used that knowledge to carefully hand select the best oil painting gifts available. Whether you’re looking for an oil painting brush set or an entire gift kit, complete with canvas and color wheel, you’ll find extraordinary products for unparalleled prices. For added value, Rex Art offers FREE Shipping on orders over $100!*
The perfect oil travel companion with 6 colors and 5 short handled brushes. Georgian Oil colors are highly reliable and provide the heavy bodied texture required for endless creative painting techniques. They are fully intermixable and have a high pigment content. The selection of 5 Georgian brushes features the finest quality Chunking Bristle, ideally suited for use with oils and heavy bodied acrylic.
The high quality carry case safely keeps everything together wherever your inspiration takes you!
- 6 22ml Daler-Rowney Georgian Oil Tubes
- 5 brushes
- Travel case
Reformulated and refines, Richeson Oils are the next generation of Shiva Oils.
Includes 1.25oz tubes of: Titanium White, Ivory Black, Shiva Red Medium, Cadmium Yellow Light, Ultra Blue Deep, Burnt Sienna, Shiva Green, Cobalt Blue, Burnt Umber, Yellow Ochre, Rose Madder, and Shiva Yellow Pale, packaged in a wooden slide top box.
Offer good while supplies last
Limit 2 per customer. Contents can vary slightly but will always be of equal or greater value.
This fantastic set comes to you exclusively from Rex Art. We've put together 5 great Richeson brushes of assorted bristles, shapes and sizes at an amazing price. You'll love the quality of these brushes. Plus, we've packaged them in a bamboo brush mat, which is great for transporting your brushes, while giving them enough airflow to preserve their longevity.
The brushes you get in this set are:
Chelveston Bristle Brushes
Made with fine grade bristle with excellent flagging. The head shapes are designed to give the maximum life to the brush.The ferrules are a beautiful, highly polished Copper Nickel. The handles have excellent balance, are designed to reduce fatigue, and have a soft matte finish that feels great on your hands.
- Size 12 Bright
- Size 12 Filbert
- Size 6 Filbert
Richeson Orange Synthetic Brushes
The latest wonder of hi-tech brush making. A filament so good it will pass for sable. This new fiber feels and responds like sable. Even loaded with paint it will come to a razor edge in the bright. The round is stout and comes to a strong firm point. Because of their softness, this series is ideal for glazing. The handles also features a soft matte finish that gives the brushes a luxurious feel.
- Size 10 Bright
- Size 6 Round
This brush set will provide you with the workhorses you need every day.
This wood box set is perfect for storing your art supplies in plain view. No need to hide this box - you'll want to show it off!
- 10 oil color paints
- 1 bottle linseed oil
- 1 palette knife
- 6 white bristle brushes
- (1) 1-well palette
- (2) 5"x7" canvas panels
- 1 drawing pencil
- 1 pencil sharpener
- 1 pencil eraser
- Beginner guide
- Wooden carrying case with handle
10 colors include:
- Zinc Titanium White
- Lemon Yellow
- Emerald Green
- Ultramarine Blue
- Phthalo Blue
- Burnt Sienna
- Raw Sienna
Please note that colors subject to change.
Dutch-crafted Van Gogh is a fine oil color range. A buttery oil that features excellent tinting strength, a high level of pigmentation for intense colors, a uniform degree of gloss and thickness amongst colors, and good to excellent lightfastness ratings. Easy to mix and use. These oils are great for beginners, students in advanced studies, and working artists.
This general color selection wooden box set includes:
- 10x40ml tubes in the following colors: Titanium White (105), Azo Yellow Light (268), Azo Yellow Deep (270), Azo Red Medium (393), Quinacridone Rose (366), Ultramarine (504), Cerulean Blue Phthalo (535), Permanent Green Deep (619), Burnt Umber (409), Ivory Black (701).
- Talens 75ml odorless white spirit
- Talens 75ml painting medium
- 1 flat synthetic hair artist paint artist paint brush (size 10)
- 1 round synthetic hair artist paint artist paint brush (size 6)
- Double palette cup
- Wooden palette
- Cleaning cloth
These sets provide all the must-have supplies needed to create beautiful works of art. Whether you're a seasoned artist or just starting out, these complete art sets will inspire hours of creative expression, without breaking the bank.
Royal & Langnickel's Premium Brush Box Art Sets keep art supplies and brushes neat and organized in a durable wooden box. The box comes filled with hand selected, premium quality art materials, brushes and tools as well as an Artist's Guide with tips and techniques.
- 12 Oil Paint Tubes (12 ml)
- 6 White Bristle Brushes
- 1 Graphite Pencil
- 1 Palette
- 1 Palette Knife
- 1 Eraser
- 1 Sharpener
- 1 Wooden Carrying Case
The Mijello® Ellipse-XL Peel-Off Palette features a non-porous, high-impact material particularly suitable for acrylic and oil painting, though exceptionally compatible with all media. Even dried acrylics will peel from the surface, while oils simply wipe away with a damp cloth. Enjoy a clean palette each use! The deep central well provides a large, uninterrupted area for color mixing, while the shallow perimeter band can be used for smaller portions of color. This generously sized palette is ergonomic in design and can be used by either left or right handed artists.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Ideal for oil and acrylic paints
- Dried paint peels off; oils easily wipe away
- Deeper area with raised perimeter for mixing
- Ergonomic design for right or left handed artists
- Overall dimensions: 10.125" L x 7.75" W x .75" H
The two-piece Mijello® Artelier Airtight Peel-Off Palette features a tray-style base with wells and a lid that seals tight to keep your paints fresh for weeks! Both pieces are constructed of a high-impact, non-porous plastic, which allows dried paint to simply peel off and oils to be easily wiped away with a damp cloth. The base interior features twenty-eight (28) divided wells surrounding a larger central well and the lid functions as an additional large mixing area. As with all Mijello® palettes, The Artelier is designed by artists, for artists..
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Constructed of high-impact plastic for durability
- Lid functions as additional mixing area
- Twenty-eight (28) divided wells
- Larger central mixing area
- Ideal for oil and acrylic paints
- Dried acrylic paint simply peels away; oils wipe away
- Overall size (lid on): 13.25" W x 9.125" W x 1.25" H
Oils are an extremely versatile medium that push artists to explore the boundaries of their creativity. However, they can be fussy and it takes practice to get a handle on the paints. Even the best oil painters are always learning more about this intriguing medium. Here are some things to remember when using testing the supplies found in our oil painting gifts:
- The “Fat over Lean” Principle: Each layer of oil should be thicker than the previous layer. The bottom layers absorb moisture from the top layers, but if the top layers are thinner they can crack.
- Linseed oil is optimal for bottom layers in a painting because it dries more thoroughly than other oils. However, substitute linseed for poppy oil if you’re using whites or blues – linseed oil has the tendency to yellow.
- Do not dry paintings in the dark or a thin film may rise to the top and yellow your painting.
- Hold your brush near the middle or end of the handle. Oil brushes are long for a reason. Speaking of brushes, purchase a nice set for oil painting (preferably hog hair, sable or synthetic sable). Nylon brushes tend to lose bristles in the paint.
- Your workspace should have abundant natural lighting. Rex Art offers several of Daylight Full Spectrum products for excellent prices. If natural sunlight is scarce, perhaps invest in an artificial daylight lamp is a good investment. You should also make sure your space is well-ventilated.