A very thick, matte, opaque preparation of marble dust and polymer emulsion used to build heavy textures on rigid surfaces. This product handles like clay and dries to a very hard stone-like surface. Can be mixed with acrylic color or over-painted when dry. Makes an excellent substrate for acrylic paint, oil paint, oil pastel, oil bars, watercolor, graphite, or dry pastel. Great for sculptural applications and may be sanded, carved, or drilled when dry. For use on rigid supports.
- Extra Heavy Body and very opaque.
- A marble paste made of marble dust and 100% polymer emulsion.
- Used to build heavy textures on rigid supports and create three-dimensional forms.
- Dries to the hardness of stone. It can be sanded or carved when thoroughly dry.
- Can be handled like clay if the top of the container is removed and some of the water is allowed to slowly evaporate until it reaches a clay-like consistency.
- Adheres to any non-oily, absorbent surface.
- Drying too quickly causes mud cracking that is usually cosmetic, not structural.
- When mixed with acrylic colors will act as a weak tinting white, while increasing thickness and rigidity.
- Excellent substrate for acrylic paint, oil paint, oil pastel, oil bars, watercolor, graphite or dry pastel.
- Apply with knife, brush, cake decorating tools, etc.
- To prevent shrinkage cracks (mud cracking), dry slowly by covering loosely with plastic wrap. Apply less than 1/4" thick.
- Mix with acrylic colors to produce a colored tinted paste.
- When dry, Acrylic Modeling Paste may be painted with acrylic or oil colors.
- Sculptural: Apply in thin layers allowing each layer to dry before applying next layer. If cracks appear, allow to dry and fill in with additional thin layer of Acrylic Modeling Paste.
- Rigid support: Use straight from container.
- Flexible support: Mix Acrylic Modeling Paste 50/50 with Gloss Gel Medium, Matte Gel Medium, Gloss Heavy Gel Medium, or Super Heavy Gel Medium.
- Ground: Apply a thin layer of Acrylic Modeling Paste to rigid surface (i.e. wood), using a palette knife, trowel or roller. Let dry, then sand smooth. Repeat if necessary.
- Absorbent ground: Mix 1 part Acrylic Modeling Paste with 3 parts Liquitex® Acrylic Gesso. Apply with trowel or roller. Let dry, then sand smooth. Repeat if necessary.
- Paper-Maché: Mix Acrylic Modeling Paste 50/50 with Liquitex Gloss Gel Medium, Matte Gel Medium or Gloss Heavy Gel Medium. Soak paper in this mixture.