A very thick gel medium that extends working time and increases brilliance and transparency. Mix with acrylic paint to increase body and attain oil paint like consistency that holds brush or palette knife marks.
- Extra Heavy Body.
- Extra heavy body medium of great density which dries to a transparent or translucent gloss finish.
- Mix with acrylic paint to increase body, density, viscosity and attain oil paint like consistency with brush or palette knife marks.
- Extends paint while increasing brilliance and transparency.
- Keeps paint workable longer than other gel mediums.
- Refer to the Acrylic Book for the following techniques: Acrylic Sheets, Collage, Glazing, Transferring Printed Images, Silk-screen, Brushwork - Blending, Brushwork - Impasto.
As An Extender:
- Mix with Soft Body Artist Color and Heavy Body Artist Color to extend volume, increase transparency and increase color viscosity.
- Makes and excellent glue for collage and decoupage.
As A Ground:
- Use as transparent ground for acrylic paint instead of gesso. Allows substrate to be seen. To prevent Substrate Induced Discoloration, wash cotton or linen canvas before use.
With Powdered Pigments:
- Use as the binder for powdered pigments to make an inexpensive "student grade" extra-heavy viscosity (thick) gloss paint. Pigments must be compatible with acrylic emulsion.