Walter Fosters's classic How to Draw and Paint series provides aspiring artists with an exceptional array of art instruction books featuring all subject areas and media. Each title includes easy step-by-step exercises as well as finished illustrations or paintings that will inspire the artistic talent in anyone.
Packed with practical information, helpful tips, and fundamental techniques, the How to Draw and Paint series offers a complete library of resources to which artists of all skill levels can refer again and again.
What you'll learn from this book...
- Selection and proper use of materials
- A step-by-step process for painting wet-on-wet, from canvas preparation to final details
- Skills for completing a painting in one afternoon
- How to use special medium to move, remove, and blend color directly on the canvas
- Handy tips on color mixing, blending, correcting mistakes, caring for equipment and more
- Techniques for painting landscape elements such as foliage, water lines, snow, ice and reflections
© Walter Foster Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Walter Foster is a registered trademark.