Home » Liquitex Acrylic Jarpaque Extender Medium - Color: Matte Opaque - Size: 8 oz.
- Increases the volume of paint, while maintaining the opacity of the color it is mixed into.
- Economically doubles the volume of paint by adding up to an equal amount (50%) of medium to color with little or no noticeable loss in opacity or change in hue.
- Opacity of colors mixed with Liquitex Ultra Matte Medium will be higher than if the color had been thinned to the same degree with any other medium except Modeling Paste.
- The degree to which the color can be extended will vary among the different pigments.
- When over 50% is added, Liquitex Ultra Matte Medium can act as a weak tinting white, increasing the value of the original color approximately one level. Light colors will be affected less than dark colors.
- Colors mixed with Liquitex Ultra Matte Medium dry to a matte finish.
Application as Gouache
- Mix with opaque paint for a matte sheen and gouache (opaque watercolor) look.
- These "gouache" colors are water resistant, flexible, lightfast and permanent when dry. Traditional gouache colors are not permanent and are susceptible to accidental re-wetting and must be well protected when finished.
Applications in Murals
- Mix into Liquitex Soft Body Artist Color for underpainting of murals to economically double the volume of paint. For top layers, use color with a lightfastness rating of I.
Use when running out of color during painting
- Use when running out of a color mixture while painting. When you have reached the halfway point of painting a specific area, determine if you have enough paint to finish. If not, add an equal amount of Liquitex Ultra Matte Medium to the color enabling you to finish painting without remixing. The color and opacity will be unchanged, but the color may lighten
- Mix into paint during initial underpainting to double amount of color