An essential medium for creating softer edges and modeled forms. This medium is used to extend the "open" time of acrylics by more than 40%, giving you an opportunity to really work the paint to enhance color blending. You can add up to 50% of this medium, as it contains binder to maintain the integrity of the paint film, unlike the additives version.
- A unique formulation for superior surface blending with acrylics.
- Extends drying time up to 40% for superior surface blending with acrylics.
- Adds flow to Heavy Body Professional Artist Color and is similar in body to Soft Body Professional Artist Color.
- Mix any amount into color to enhance the depth of color intensity, increase transparency, gloss, ease flow of paint, and add flexibility and adhesion to paint film.
- Dries clear to reveal full, rich color.
- Unlike retarding additives, any quantity may be added to color without jeopardizing the strength of the paint film.
- Translucent when wet, transparent when dry
- Flexible, non-yellowing and water resistant when dry.
- Formula is designed to be used in techniques where slower drying characteristics are desired. May also be used in many of the conventional techniques for a Gloss Medium such as: airbrushing, brushwork, glazing, collage, and murals.
- Refer to Techniques: Brushwork-Blending
Application Possibilities as a Medium
As an Extender
- Mix with Soft Body Professional Artist Color to lengthen drying time, extend volume, and increase transparency while maintaining paint viscosity and flow.
- Mix with Heavy Body Professional Artist Color to slow drying time, extend volume, and increase transparency while thinning the paint.
As a Fixative
- Use as a fixative over artwork (acrylic paint, pastels, graphite, chalk) to increase gloss or shine. Increased drying time allows for working the media on the surface prior to final fixing. Use an atomizer or airbrush filled with a mixture of one part medium, one part water.