Home » Liquitex Acrylic Mediums » Liquitex Acrylic Gloss Gel Medium - Size: 8 oz.
Liquitex Acrylic Gloss Gel Medium - Size: 8 oz.
Excellent for retaining brush marks while slowing the drying time and adding
body to the paint. Mix with transparent colors for impasto glazes of great
depth and brilliance. Excellent for transferring printed images.
- Dries to a gloss finish.
- Viscosity and body similar to Heavy Body Artist Color.
- Translucent when wet, transparent (clear) to translucent when dry. Thicker
applications result in less transparent dry medium films.
- Ideal medium to mix with Heavy Body Acrylic Color to extend paint,
increase the brilliance and transparency of color, without changing
of the paint.
- Mix with Heavy Body Artist Color to obtain paint similar in color
depth to oil paint.
As An Extender:
- Mix with Heavy Body Artist Color to extend volume and increase transparency,
while maintaining paint viscosity.
- Mix with Soft Body Artist Color to extend volume and increase transparency,
while increasing paint viscosity.
As A Ground:
- Use as transparent ground for acrylic paint instead of gesso. Allows substrate
to be seen. To prevent Substrate Induced Discoloration, wash cotton or linen
canvas before use. Refer to Matte Medium: Application - Ground for SID definition.
- When applying Gloss Gel Medium to raw canvas, use adequate pressure to
force the medium into the canvas weave to insure proper bonding between the
- Makes and excellent glue for collage and decoupage.
- Use as the binder for powdered pigments to make an inexpensive "student
grade" Heavy Body (thick) gloss paint or achieve unusual paint films.
Pigment must be compatible with acrylic emulsion.