Art Supplies »
Originally designed as a 'replacement finger' the Colour Shaper is a unique
tool that allows painters to:
- Apply and remove acrylic and oil paint with ease
- Blend, smudge and define pastels
- Apply and remove masking fluid
- Create decorative effects on glass, ceramics and metal
Colour Shapers come in different shapes and sizes to give artists ultimate
flexibility and create a wide variety of strokes. The grey tipped Colour Shapers
are specially designed for use with oil and acrylics.
Tips for use with Oil and Acrylic Paint:
- When using Oils there's no need for white spirit, as you can clean the
silicone tips with water…. no more smell!
- When using Acrylics, either wipe the tips clean, or if the paint has
dried on, simply peel it off.
- A good way of working with Colour Shapers is the wet-on-wet method. Because
the tips are non-absorbent, accidental mixing produces less 'mud'.
- Use a larger Colour Shaper than you think you need because, unlike a
brush, they do not spread out under pressure.
- If you use an acrylic retarder, then you are able to create more textures,
as you have more time to work.
Use the small white taper Colour Shaper to apply masking fluid to watercolor
paintings. The tip cleans in seconds with a damp cloth. No more ruined brushes!
The pictures below are offered as shape references. They are not actual size.