Home » Liquitex Acrylic Mediums » Liquitex Acrylic Matte Gel Medium - Size: 8 oz.
Liquitex Acrylic Matte Gel Medium - Size: 8 oz.
A thick gel that imparts a transulcent matte sheen when dry. Ideal for creating
collages with heavier objects. Combine with Gloss Gel to create a customized
- Heavy Body.
- Same qualities as Gloss Gel Medium, except dries translucent with a satin/matte
- Viscosity and body similar to Heavy Body Artist Color.
- Matte Gel Medium has greater adhesion than Gloss Gel Medium and Gloss
Heavy Gel Medium.
- Translucent when wet, transparent when dry. Thicker applications
result in less transparent dry medium films.
- Mix with Liquitex Heavy
Body Artist Color to obtain paint similar in color
depth to oil paint.
- Color mix will dry to a satin sheen.
- Refer to Techniques: Collage, Glazing, Brushwork - Blending.
As An Extender
As A Ground
- Recommended as a translucent ground (size), for acrylic paint with excellent
tooth and adhesion, instead of gesso. Will allow some color and texture of
the support to show through. Use as a substitute size for the hide glue size
traditionally used for oil paintings.
- To prevent Substrate Induced Discoloration (SID), wash cotton or linen
canvas before use.
- Exterior Murals: If the support or wall is very rough, a coat of Matte
Gel Medium should be brushed or toweled onto the surface prior to gesso
- Refer to Gloss Gel Medium: Techniques - Ground for more detailed information.
For Impasto Effects
- Makes and excellent glue for collage and decoupage.
With Powdered Pigments
- Use as the binder for powdered pigments to make an inexpensive "student
grade" Heavy Body (thick) matte paint. Pigment must be compatible with