Home » Liquitex Acrylic Mediums » Liquitex Acrylic Matte Medium - Size: 32 oz.
Liquitex Acrylic Matte Medium - Size: 32 oz.
A classic medium used to give fluidity to delicate brushwork or to act as
a low sheen adhesive for collage. This medium has a creamy consistency and
is great with opaque colors. Mix with Gloss Medium & Varnish to create a customized
- Soft Body.
- Creates a matte, non-reflecting finish when added to acrylic colors.
- Mix into any acrylic paint to increase transparency and extend color, increase
matte sheen, increase film integrity, ease flow of paint and add flexibility
and adhesion of paint film.
- Mix with Gloss Medium & Varnish to produce a semi-gloss or satin medium.
- Opaque when wet, translucent when dry.
As An Extender:
- Mix with Soft Body Concentrated Artist Color to extend volume and increase
translucency, while maintaining viscosity.
- Mix with Heavy Body Artist Color or Basics Acrylic Color to extend volume
and increase translucency, while decreasing paint viscosity.
As A Fixative:
- Use as a matte fixative over artwork (pastel, graphite, chalk) to decrease
gloss or shine. Mix 1 part Matte Medium to 1 part distilled water and apply
with atomizer or airbrush. Excess medium applied to the surface may cause fogging.
As A Ground:
- Recommended fluid medium to use as a transparent ground (size), with excellent
tooth and adhesion, instead of gesso. This will allow the color and texture
of the support to show through. Can be used as a substitute for the rabbit
skin and hide glue size traditionally used for oil paintings.
- For best results use Liquitex Clear Gesso which has more tooth for paint
- Exterior Murals: If the support or wall is somewhat smooth, a coat of
Matte Medium should be brushed or two coats sprayed onto the surface
onto the surface
prior to gessoing.