GACs can be blended with GOLDEN Acrylic Paints to extend the paint, regulate transparency, create glazes, increase gloss, reduce viscosity or improve adhesion and film integrity. The GAC polymers can also be used for binding pigment solids for various effects and surfaces. Unlike the other GOLDEN Mediums and Gels, GAC Acrylic Polymers have only a minimum amount of thickeners, levelers, defoamers and surfactants to ensure good film formation.
The consistency of the GAC polymers is very fluid, and thinner than other GOLDEN Mediums. Since they do not have thickeners added, these polymers will reduce the thickness of most GOLDEN Acrylic Paints. GOLDEN Fluid Acrylics are slightly thicker than the GACs, but will be the color line least changed in viscosity with any addition of a GAC polymer.
GAC 400 is a Fabric Stiffener / Rabbitskin Glue Alternative.
- Dries to a very hard and stiff film.
- Most useful for priming fabrics (cotton, linen, silk, etc.) when stiffness is desired.
- Used as a rabbitskin glue alternative when applied directly to raw canvas or linen.
- Allows sculpting and shaping of draped fabrics.
- Can be heat-set if launderability is important. *Note: The heat-setting process will release low levels of formaldehyde; therefore it is imperative that adequate ventilation be provided.