Home » Liquitex Acrylic Mediums » Liquitex Acrylic Ultra Matte Medium (formerly Jarpaque) - Size: 16 oz.
Liquitex Acrylic Ultra Matte Medium (formerly Jarpaque) - Size: 16 oz.
- Soft Body.
- Increases the volume of paint, while maintaining the opacity of the color
it is mixed into.
- Economically doubles the volume of Soft Body Concentrated Artist Color
by adding up to an equal amount (50%) of medium to color with little
or no noticeable
loss in opacity or change in hue.
- Opacity of colors mixed with Matte Opaque Extender Medium will be higher
than if the color had been thinned to the same degree with any other
medium except Modeling Paste.
- The degree to which the color can be extended will vary among the
- When over 50% is added, Matte Opaque Extender can act as a weak
tinting white, increasing the value of the original color approximately
level. Light colors
will be affected less than dark colors.
- Colors mixed with Matte Opaque Extender Medium dry to a matte
- Mix with opaque Soft Body Concentrated Artist Color for a matte sheen and
gouache (opaque watercolor) look.
- These "gouache" colors are water resistant, flexible, lightfast
and permanent when dry. Traditional gouache colors are not permanent and
are susceptible to accidental re-wetting and must be well protected when
- Mix into Soft Body Concentrated Artist Color for underpainting of murals
to economically double the volume of paint. For top layers, use Lightfastness
I colors without Extender Medium.
Running out of color during painting
- Use when running out of a Soft Body Concentrated Artist Color mixture while
painting. When you have reached the halfway point of painting a specific area,
determine if you have enough paint to finish. If not, add an equal amount of
Matte Opaque Extender Medium to the color enabling you to finish painting without
remixing. The color and opacity will be unchanged, but the color may lighten
- Mix into Soft Body Concentrated Artist Color during initial underpainting
to double amount of color. High pigment load and soft formula gives Soft Body
Concentrated Artist Color three times the coverage of Heavy Body Artist Color.