Adds richness to acrylic colors by creating a metallic/pearlescent effect. Dries translucent and will not oxidize. Can add shimmer or sparkle to a picture even in the smallest amount. Achieve the most dramatic effects when mixing with transparent colors. Try painting on top of any dry color for unique effects.
- Soft Body
- Produces a range of iridescent or metallic colors when mixed into acrylic colors
- Opaque when wet, transparent - translucent when dry
- Will not oxidize.
- Refer to Applications & Techniques Sections: Acrylic Sheets, Collage, Glazing and Transferring Printed Images
- Mix with small amounts of color, gradually adding more color until desired iridescent quality and transparency is achieved
- Transparent and translucent colors work best. Opaque colors can also be used.
- Color will become more transparent as percentage of medium increases
- Colors increase in their iridescent quality and become much more reflective upon drying
- For Mother of Pearl color, use directly from container
- For use on fabric, thin 50% with water.