Home » Silver Brush Brush Sets - Long Handle » Silver Brush John Howard Sanden Portrait Brush Set of 9 - Beginner - Long Handles
Silver Brush John Howard Sanden Portrait Brush Set of 9 - Beginner - Long Handles
In 1969 John Howard Sanden was appointed to the teaching faculty of the Art Students
League, New York. He founded The Portrait Institute in 1974 and began touring
the nation, teaching his ideas and techniques to thousands.
In 1979, Sanden launched the National Portrait Seminar, which grew to be the
largest art seminar program in America. He has completed more than five hundred
portraits of prominent figures in American public, professional and business
John says, "I have worked exclusively with the marvelous Silver brushes
since I first discovered them a decade ago. I am particularly devoted to the
Silverstone bristle filberts and those delicious Renaissance sables. I believe
that these Silver brushes are the finest artists’ brushes available today.
I’ve recommended them enthusiastically in my seminars and workshops,
and in my books."
Silver Brush has developed a wide selection of our finest Grand Prix™ and
Silverstone™ Pure White Bristle brushes along with our superb Renaissance™ Pure
Red Sable brushes. They have been packaged in a series of sets, recommended
by John, that are ideal for portrait and figure painters in oils.
- (2) Silverstone™ Filbert brush Size 2
- Silverstone™ Filbert brush Size 4
- (2) Silverstone™ Filbert brush Size 6
- Silverstone™ Filbert brush Size 8
- Silverstone™ Filbert brush Size 10
- Silverstone™ Filbert brush Size 12
- Silverstone™ Filbert brush
- Pure Red Sable Renaissance™ Round Size 10
- John Howard Sanden information sheet
- Silver Brush Limited brochures: "Tender Loving Care of Artist Brushes"
of Finest Quality Artist Brushes"