- Plutonium™ exterior/interior aerosol paint is a unique modified automotive acrylic laquer which provides a premium coating that resists dripping, chipping, cracking and peeling.
- As a true HVLP (high volume low pressure) color delivery system, Plutonium™ paint has been developed to dry faster, cover better and last longer than any other aerosol paint.
- Plutonium™ reduces the carbon footprint of aerosol spray by 50%, by using a 70% pigment load and 30% propellant, making it more eco-friendly than leading brands. No CFCs.
- Plutonium™ cans are environmentally friendly. Made from tin-free steel and coated on both sides with PET (a polyester polymer), Plutonium™ has eliminated the need for solvent-based interior lining, thereby significantly reducing any carbon emissions. The finished cans have no welded side seams; this does away with with the need for copper or water during manufacturing.
- Due to its high pigment load Plutonium™ can provide up to 2½ times the coverage of other aerosol paints. This will vary by color and comparison brands.
- Plutonium™ is innovative, with an ergonomic seamless can and dual valve system – a feature that allows the can to be held upside down while spraying without clogging.
- Its interchangeable actuator system provides variable spray patterns from 1/16th” to
over 10” wide.
- Plutonium™ Paint dries fast (3-5 minutes).
- No primer necessary on most surfaces.
- Most of our colors cover in one pass.
- Sprays wet over wet – no need to wait for Plutonium™ Paint to dry.
- Mold, mildew and fade resistant with UV protection.
- Plutonium™ Paint has a 5-year shelf life.
- Will not interfere with the use of, or in combination with, other aerosol paints, which often crystallize when multiple brands are used together.
- Ideal for use on metal, masonry, wood, wicker, paper and some rubber and plastic surfaces for a smooth, durable, matte finish.
- A pleasant vanilla fragrance masks the odor typical of aerosol paints.
- Color palette consists of 33 vivid opaques, 3 metallics and 4 translucents.
- Made in the USA. Born and raised in Detroit.
Q. What makes Plutonium™ Paint different than other leading aerosol paints?
A. Plutonium™ Paint is a modified automotive acrylic lacquer, not water or oil based.
Q. How is Plutonium™ Paint eco-friendly?
A. With a 70% pigment load and 30% propellant as well as a High Volume Low Pressure delivery system, more paint is hitting the target surface reducing the amount of overspray. Also, Plutonium™ cans are made from tin-free steel, coated on both sides with PET (a polyester polymer). The polymer coating eliminates the need for solvent-based interior lining, thereby significantly reducing any carbon emissions. The finished cans have no welded side seems; this does away with the need for copper and water during manufacturing.
Q. How many square feet does one Can of Plutonium™ Paint cover?
A. One can of Plutonium™ Paint will comfortably cover 20+ sq. feet, depending on the color.
Q. Does Plutonium™ have a Clear Coat?
A. Plutonium™ does not offer a clear coat at this time. They are in the process of developing both a gloss and a matte clear coat which will be introduced in 2014. Please note: any acrylic clear coat should be compatible with Plutonium™ Paint.
Q. Can I use Plutonium™ Paint on my car or motorcycle?
A. Yes. You can use Plutonium™ on most metal surfaces. Please note: Plutonium™ colors are custom and will not match existing automotive colors.
Q. What surfaces do I need to use a primer?
A. Plutonium™ suggests all surfaces be well cleaned and loose paint or material removed. Most raw wood surfaces should be primed for a smooth finish coat. Laminate counter tops would be best prepared by using a fine wet/dry sandpaper. Any slick finishes would be best prepared by using a fine wet/dry sandpaper.
Q. Can I use ANY brand cap on Plutonium™ cans?
A. Plutonium™ only guarantees the results stated when using Plutonium™ spray caps (Pro-Caps). Other brands should work as long as they are male.
Q. How high of a temperature will Plutonium™ perform in and how cold of temperature?
A. Best results are 65 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit, with low or no humidity.
Q. Will Plutonium™ be adding more colors to the line?
A. Yes. Plutonium™ will be reviewing the line in 2013 and adding colors in 2014.
Q. How long do I need to shake the can for before use?
A. Because Plutonium™ has such a high pigment load, shake the can until the mixing ball rolls freely and then shake again for another minute to obtain a smooth spray finish.
Q. Can I spray Plutonium™ Paint together with other brands on the same project?
A. Yes. Plutonium™ Paint will not crystallize when multiple brands are used together.
Q. What is the best distance to spray target surface?
A. For best results, spray distance should be between 5”- 6”.
Q. Where is Plutonium™ Paint manufactured?
A. Made in the USA. Born and raised in Detroit. (Manufactured in Menomonee Falls, WI)